New Deposits – $150.00 (Residential Customers)
Please Bring :
- Valid ID/Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Residence (Rental Agreement, Deed, etc.)
Commercial and Industrial Customers, please contact our office for deposit information.
A $500 tap fee is charged for connection of a new service line to the water or sewer main line. A tap fee is not required if a service line already exists at the location.
$10 late fee will be applied to all unpaid accounts after the close of business on the 10th of each month. If the 10th falls on a holiday or weekend, late fees will be applied after the office closes on the following business day.
$50.00 Reconnection/Inconvenience fee
This service charge will be applied to all unpaid accounts after the 10:00 a.m. deadline on the cut-off date. The cut-off date is on the 25th of each month unless otherwise specified. If the 25th falls on the weekend or holiday, the cut-off date will be the following business day.
Dallas County water and Sewer Authority does not allow any extensions or payment arrangements, unless for reasons listed below:
- Recent leak repaired (Must have been previously detected by office or validated by repair bill receipt.)
- Death of immediate family member (Must provide documentation)
- Hospitalization of account holder/payer during current month (Must provide documentation)
Water service may be terminated for any of the following reasons :
- Failure to pay a bill;
- Failure to pay a requested deposit;
- Failure to make payment of a returned check by specified date;
- Unauthorized connection to the water system;
- Tampering with meters or other DCWSA equipment;
- Violation of any water or wastewater-related regulations; Or,
- When a customer creates a hazardous condition while utilizing any water or sewer connection improperly
1st Offense – cost of damaged equipment or part plus $150.00
2nd Offense – cost of damaged equipment or part plus the Water Department will prosecute and discontinue water service.